There was a story recently in the Pittsburgh Puppy-Trainer about WMBS radio in Uniontown, which fired one of its talk show hosts who was critical about the natural gas drilling industry.
Coincidentally … or maybe not … WMBS had just started running a weekly two-hour talk show paid for by the natural gas drilling industry.
So why shouldn’t a non-profit radio station cash in, too? Here’s WRCT’s newest show, all about the gas-drilling industry.
This week’s playlist is posted at the WRCT website.
New music this week included:
- “The Death of Donny B.” by Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 from the album Northern Aggression
- “Mr. Medicine” by Eliza Doolittle
- “Kyenkyen Bi Adi M’Awu” by K. Frimpong & His Cubanos Fiestas from the collection Ghana Special Modern Highlife, Afro-Sounds & Ghanaian Blues 1968-81
- “I Like It Like That” by the Rebirth Brass Band from the album Rebirth of New Orleans
- “George Porter” by Irvin Mayfield from the album A Love Letter to New Orleans
- “It’s a Jungle Out There” by the Jambalaya Brass Band from the album of the same name
This week’s pick to click is in honor of former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner: